Answer: From the Gullian Barre Syndrome Virus. A rare virus that affects the nerves and joints of the body.
Answer: It was very difficult, however, they all adjusted to it. It involved much patience, prayer and teamwork.
Answer: Originally no, because of the unknown. Then with gained knowledge and teamwork with his physicians, Rod could then see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Answer: It taught Rod not to take things for granite. It taught him to have much more faith in his journey of healing, and it taught him to have a great deal more appreciation of family and friends.
Answer: Rod knew that he had to have a goal larger than death. Realizing that God was completely in control, Rod began the thought process of "If he could not fail, what could he do". With God as his partner, Rod set the goal to complete the Ironman Course in Kona Hawaii. He knew that by accomplishing that goal that he would have entire restoration of his health.
Answer: The first thing was for Rod to be healthy enough. Next, because of the enormous size of the goal, it would require a specialized team in each of the specialized areas that Rod would need help in. Third, it would take a great deal of training, both physically and mentally to endure what it would take to successfully complete his goal. For Rod to complete his goal, it would take an extraordinary amount of hard work, focus and patience on his part. Rod knew that it would also take a huge leap in faith in God's tender mercies to allow him to successfully complete his goal.
Answer: No he was not. While Rod would attempt to have a solid start several times during the subsequent years after paralysis, it would be 23 years later before he would start the actual training that would be necessary in order for him to complete his Kona Ironman 'Course completion' goal.
This delay was due to his health condition. During these 23 years, it was necessary for Rod to have a total of 23 surgeries and procedures in order to physically regain total function of his body, as to allow him to begin the necessary training for "His Race at His Pace" in Kona, Hawaii.
Answer: Rod would honestly say No. He never doubted his Kona goal. This is because he saw himself completing his Kona goal literally millions of times over those 23 years. However, Rod did have many days that were more difficult than others.
Although Rod never questioned his goal, he could not fully foresee or understand the depth and breath of his goal, nor did he have total clarity of what accomplishing his goal would take. Coming from the physical state of being a temporary Quadriplegic and experiencing a total of 23 surgeries, with 9 of those being major surgeries within a 9 month period of time in 2015, many people believe that it is a miracle in itself that Rod never doubted that he would be successful in his Kona goal.
Answer: The reason for having Dream Teams was for Rod to collapse knowledge-based time frames in being able to accomplish his goals.
Rod would locate experts in the areas that would be necessary in order to successfully complete his goals. These experts would be business owners who could evaluated Rod's needs from where he began; to what would be necessary for him to successfully complete his Kona goal. These experts would serve as mentors to Rod in the processes that would be necessary for his adaptation in order to complete the Ironman course in Kona, Hawaii.
Answer: Rod invites business owners to participate and mentor him in his journey, each within their specialized area of expertise. i.e. Health & Wellness, Biking, Training, Conditioning, etc.
The criteria by which Rod invites Dream Team members includes, but is not limited to:
1) They must be able to get Rod from where he was, to where he needs to be in order to complete his Kona Ironman Course.
2) Dream Team members need to have substantial community involvement and contribution.
3) Each Dream Team member must have a reputable presence in their field of speciality.
4) Dream Team members need to share in the Vision of Rod's journey.
5) Rod must be able to help these individuals in their journeys, just as much as they are able to help Rod.
Answer: Rod first established what his needs were in order to complete the entirety of his Ironman journey. Once those needs were established, Rod determined that he would need an entire team in order to meet those needs .
Next, Rod looked at companies that specialized in his established needs. Then based on a criteria/constitution that he created, Rod would meet with the business owners, share the Vision and then extend an invitation to become a member of the Dream Team.
Answer: Inspiring others to achieve their goals and dreams, and begin their own personal journeys of meeting their next best Higher-self. Also, to help others realize that their 'Story' and 'Life Journeys' make a difference to others.
Answer: Rod always has an awareness of leaving others better than he found them. Inspiring them in their own journeys and giving them hope.
How Rod implements the Mission Statement into his daily journey is that he becomes aware of his own personal growth internal processes. Rod always seeks to surround himself with accomplished people who inspire him to be better in every manner of life.
In addition, Rod is always open to learning the lessons of every challenge as life presents them. How that ties into the Mission Statement is: "Being Inspired and Inspiring People" in his daily journey. In short, Rod lives what he teaches and he teaches what he lives"!
Answer: Both the Mission Statement and the Kona journey inspire a level of discovery, excellence and hope in people's lives. The Mission Statement and Rod's journey require focused awareness, hard work, faith, hope and God's tender mercies in being able to successfully accomplish them.
Answer: The purpose of the Legacy Endowment Scholarship Program is to bless the lives of all those involved, in two ways: The first way is to contribute to a cause greater than themselves and to become part of a legacy. The second way is to be benefit from the scholarship by receiving a 'Hand-Up', not a 'Hand-out'.
A hand-up that allows just enough help to accomplish one's goals and dreams and in return, allows those same people to "Pay it Forward"!
Answer: The funding is acquired through personal cash donations that are made by Individuals; also funding is acquired via cash donations that are make by Corporations.
Answer: The recipients are selected based on needs and qualifications. A Scholarship Review Committee will review each application, determine the needs based on qualifications and then this committee mades a decision whether or not to grant the Scholarship. All Scholarships are also based on available funding.
Answer: Recipients benefit by gaining financial assistance in achieving their need or their goal and dream. They are able to draw on the expertise of the Scholarship Committee, helping them to determine their actual needs.
Recipients benefit both from the financial resources, as well as from the relationship connections in providing a platform for them, as to assist them in meeting their needs.
Answer: To leave a legacy and a shared Vision of helping others by 'Paying Forward' the help that others have extended to each of us. This shared Vision goes beyond Rod's Ironman Kona journey, with the hope that it will be self-propelling and self-sustaining for years to come.
Answer: Sponsorships are selected based upon need. At such time that need has been established, the Sponsorships are based on availability, criteria, and professional credibility. The Sponsorship invitation is then extended to the business owner personally by Rod.
Answer: A Sponsorship provides a tangible need or service that contributes towards a successful completion of Rod's Kona 2021 Journey.
A Cash Contributor provides the financial assistance necessary in order to execute the processes for the purchase of tangible needs for the successful completion of Rod's Kona 2021 Journey.
Answer: The Sponsors of Rod's 2021 Kona journey benefit from several levels. First and foremost is the ROI on Personal growth and in their Business growth. Second is being able to participate and become an important part of a National and International human Interest story that is inspiring millions of people worldwide. In addition, the Sponsor's benefit through the exposure of their participation in this journey, as well as future events that involve Rod's journey.
• Name and business branding exposure
• Many Sponsor's business that currently operate on solely a national level, will gain International exposure.
• A local company has the opportunity to gain national exposure.
In addition, many of the Sponsor's enjoy powerful alliances with other Team Sponsors. In short, they collaborate and benefit one another.
1. Be an integral part of an inspiring story.
2. Be an inspirational member of Rod's journey.
3. Local, regional, national and international, branding exposure through news, TV, and radio media.
4. Increased social media marketing /branding exposure through mediums such as Face Book, You Tube, and Web Page.
5. Increased marketing branding exposure through interviews, pod casts, etc.
6. Increased marketing and product branding exposure through future books, possible movie, and speaking engagements.
7. Increased marketing and product branding exposure.
9. Increased niche marketing and product branding to Middle Class America - (Ordinary to Extra Ordinary).
10. Increased business networking opportunity exposure to individuals pursuing their individual dreams.
11. Use of Rod's story, allowing his image, story and events evolving around Rod's Journey to assist the Contributor in their marketing efforts.
1) Rod Hutchins, and/or any entity associated with Rod Hutchins, Dream Team members, Colleagues, Directors and/or any other person or entity associated with Rod Hutchins story/journey, is NOT responsible for any marketing content, programs or other, of any Contributor.
All Contributors, whether their marketing, materials or program is tangible or intangible, IS SOLEY the responsibility of the said CONTRIBUTOR.
2) Any and all 'Contributor' advertising, marketing materials, marketing programs or systems using Rod Hutchins, and/or any aspect of his story/journey; any member of any of the Dream Teams; anything in association with Rod's journey/story; Contributor must FIRST obtain WRITTEN approval by Rod AND any other associated party/entity prior to use of said material.
The Community Resource Model for Survivors of Trauma & Health Crisis
Answer: The Community Resource Model For Survivors of Trauma & Health Crisis is about providing Servant-based leadership, education, support, mentoring and resources to individuals and businesses throughout the world. The model will be facilitated through the International Dream Team Alliance.
The Community Resource Model is a model that will originally be get up on a Local level, and later will then be implemented Nationally and Internationally. The Model provides resources for Veterans, Trauma Victims and those is a Health Crisis, to get the help they need to successfully heal from their past traumas or health crisis and to reach their goals.
*All applicants must first be qualified and approved prior to receiving contributions.
*Community Resource Model Funds must be available prior to any funding transpiring.
Answer: The Community Resource Model For Survivors of Trauma & Health Crisis was created from Rod's 'reason' for him to train in preparation for returning to Kona in 2021 to complete the Ironman Course. Rod knew that he had to have a 'reason' larger than the goal itself... and that 'reason' is what Rod was passionate about.
The level of Rod's excitement in his 'reason', a reason that could sustain him in the efforts needed to adequately train himself at a high level in order to successfully complete the Kona course in 2021.
The Community Resource Model For Survivors of Trauma & Health Crisis came about because Rod would choose to focus all attention on his journey to the cause of Veterans and Trauma victims, as opposed to his own journey.
Answer: Yes. Because trauma is a central component in all of society, so this Model serves all. The only things that change in this are the resources available and the demographics; however, the overall model will serve all throughout the world.
Answer: The Contributors of the Model are selected based upon the needs of the model. They are selected on a local level and a National level and are based on the resources that they can provide the trauma victims.
Sponsorships and Cash Donations are by invitation only. All contributors must have an understanding of how to work with various types of trauma situations. Other criteria is that they must display a high level of professional integrity and community involvement.
Answer: The power of the Community Resource Model For Survivors of Trauma & Health Crisis is that it pulls together community partners, businesses and individuals for the purpose of helping trauma victims in need. It allows for the collaboration of alliances who all focus on the needs of trauma victims.
The Model itself is a blueprint that allows all facets of society to come together in a common cause to serve those who are at greatest risk... be it locally, nationally or Internationally. The Model provides resources and awareness of what is available to those in need and it becomes a common link to a higher level of healing, if desired by the trauma victim.
Answer: The most difficult part of Rod's journey has been his uncertainly of not knowing what each day would bring in the processes of: medical recovery, financial stability and his overall health improvement.
The second area of difficulty was that of Rod's self-discovery. Self-discovery of what is possible when limitations are being imposed upon you.
The third area of difficulty for Rod in his journey is the pain management of his physical body. The consistent chronic pain at an intense level becomes very draining upon the body and soul, so it was always a process of Rod training his mind to transcend the pain in order to function.
Rod would also say that another difficult part of his journey has been attempting to control the uncontrollable. How to accept that no matter how bad you hurt or how bad that your day has gone, it is still a very blessed day because you are alive!
Answer: Rod answers this question by saying that among some of the most rewarding parts of his journey are:
1) The 'Whole' Mind, Body, Spirit integration.
2) Understanding the power of prayer and God's tender mercies in the healing of all areas of his life.
3) The blessing of the amazing people that have come into his life and who literally became part of miracles that otherwise would not have happened.
4) The self-discovery of the power of the human spirit and soul.
Answer: The wisdom that Rod feels that he has learned as of the date in time of writing this is:
1) That each and every one of us are truly stronger than we realize, when we have faith in a power that is stronger than us.
2) That we truly are in "Our Own Race, at Our Own Pace" in every facet of life, and that if we just "Strive Daily to Meet Our Next Best Self"... that is good enough!
3) Our lives are designed to be part of a greater plan. A plan that is greater than ourselves. That in our journeys, regardless of the circumstances; people and opportunities are inspired to come into our lives, and in doing so, literally change our lives and their outcomes.
4) That with God and prayer in Rod's daily life, the impossible truly becomes " I'M POSSIBLE ". God makes ALL the difference!
5) That what we perceive as challenges in our life are truly "Opportunities" and "Stepping-Stones" for greatness and excellence in our lives. If we will simply be patient and be open to learning; the lessons of what these so-called 'challenges' will teach us are invaluable!
6) And with a smile Rod says... "If he can do it... Truly... Anybody can do it"!
Answer: Among all of the lessons Rod has learned, and the wisdom he has gained through his entire journey... one piece of wisdom that he wishes to share with others is "Trust in Yourself and in a Higher Power in all areas of your life" and you will then meet "Your Next Best and Highest Self".
Answer: Rod's daily Mantra is..."This is My Race at My Pace", and I am excited to "Meet My Next Best Highest- Self, daily!"
It is with deep appreciation and gratitude that we give our heartfelt thank you to Internationally Acclaimed Artist Tiffani Taylor of Savannah, Georgia for allowing us to share her inspiring and magnificent artwork, featured on the above pages and throughout this site.
Tiffani's artwork portrays the spirit of our Mission Statement..."To be a Presence that Lights the Path on the Journey of Life Transformation & Higher Purpose in all those whose lives we touch, worldwide".
Selected Artwork on this site is the exclusive property of TIFFANI TAYLOR GALLERY LLC., as denoted by her signature and may not be replicated. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit www.TiffaniTaylor.com for more information and art purchase.